Finland is a beautiful country with diverse landscapes and cultural attractions. Here are some top places to visit in Finland:
- Helsinki: The capital city of Finland offers a blend of modern and traditional attractions. Visit the iconic Helsinki Cathedral, explore the historic Suomenlinna Sea Fortress, and immerse yourself in Finnish culture at the Market Square.
- Rovaniemi: Known as the official hometown of Santa Claus, Rovaniemi is a must-visit destination, especially during winter. Experience the magical Arctic Circle, meet Santa Claus at Santa Claus Village, and try exciting winter activities like husky sledding and reindeer safaris.
- Finnish Lakeland: Explore the picturesque lakeland region in central Finland, which is home to thousands of lakes. Enjoy water activities like boating, fishing, and swimming, and visit charming towns like Savonlinna, known for its medieval Olavinlinna Castle.
- Lapland: Experience the true beauty of Finnish Lapland, especially during the winter months. Enjoy the stunning Northern Lights, go skiing in popular resorts like Levi and Ylläs, and engage in thrilling activities like snowmobiling and ice fishing.
- Turku: Finland’s oldest city, Turku, is located on the southwest coast. Visit Turku Castle, explore the medieval Turku Cathedral, and stroll along the Aura Riverbank for a relaxing experience. The city also has an excellent museum and cultural scene.
- Åland Islands: Situated between Finland and Sweden, the Åland Islands offer a unique blend of Scandinavian and Finnish culture. Enjoy the archipelago’s beautiful nature, go sailing or kayaking, and visit the Maritime Museum in the capital city of Mariehamn.
- Tampere: Known as the “Manchester of Finland,” Tampere is a vibrant city with a rich industrial history. Visit the striking Tampere Cathedral, explore the exhibitions at the Moomin Museum, and enjoy the beautiful scenery around Lake Pyhäjärvi.
- Porvoo: Located just east of Helsinki, Porvoo is a charming medieval town with cobblestone streets and colorful wooden houses. Explore the Old Town, visit the Porvoo Cathedral, and browse through local crafts and boutiques.
- Koli National Park: Situated in eastern Finland, Koli National Park offers breathtaking landscapes with rugged hills and panoramic views over Lake Pielinen. Hike along the nature trails, visit the Koli Nature Centre, and enjoy the tranquility of this pristine wilderness.
- Archipelago National Park: Located in the southwest, Archipelago National Park is an enchanting collection of islands and islets. Take a boat tour to explore the archipelago, go birdwatching, and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere of this unique coastal landscape.
These are just a few of the many wonderful places to visit in Finland. The country has much more to offer in terms of natural beauty, cultural heritage, and outdoor activities.